20 for 20 Arts in Education
20 for 20 Arts in Education Campaign
A Milestone 20 Years in the Making!
The goal of our 20 for 20 Campaign is to raise $200,000 to reach 20,000 students, both in-person and virtually, for FREE over the 2023-2024 school year!
Giving children the opportunity to experience live theater helps them see the world from multiple perspectives, teaches them to use their imaginations, fosters greater tolerance of people and ideas, and increases their empathy for others. The 20 for 20 Campaign celebrates 20 years of Arts in Education at the Playhouse and was kicked off at our annual Bernie Williams’ Day event on August 5. On that day, $23,000 was raised towards our goal!
20 For 20 will alleviate the many obstacles schools encounter when planning a field trip including, raising funds for tickets, covering the rising costs of busing, and providing lunches for Title 1 students.
Last year, the Arts in Education program:
- Provided more than 15,000 students grades K-12 with free or discounted tickets
- Hosted 9,000 students from Title 1 Schools
- Provided 8,000 free tickets, busing for 950
- Served 750 free lunches
Together, we can create a brighter future where the arts are accessible to all, regardless of financial circumstances.
Please join us in this mission to make a difference in a child’s life!
- $100 – Brings in 10 students from Title 1 Schools to join us for an arts in education performance
- $500 – Transports 140 students to the Playhouse by covering the cost of two buses
- $1,500 – Provides a nutritionally balanced lunch for 200 students from Title 1 schools who typically depend on a free lunch program
- $5,000 – Covers the entire artistic fee for two performances on one day, allowing us to invite 1,000 students for free
- $10,000 – This level will help us continue our mission in perpetuity. Not only will it help us seed this vision for years to come, but it will cover the cost of 500 tickets, 500 lunches and travel for 500 children
- A gift of any size will help us reach our goal!